Our vision at Prostate Cancer Canada (PCC) is to become the global leader in the fight against prostate cancer, earning the enthusiasm and support of Canadians through integrity, compassion, and innovation.
Prostate Cancer Canada raises funds for the development of programs related to awareness, public education, advocacy, support of those affected, and research into the prevention, detection, treatment and cure of prostate cancer.
DID YOU KNOW?
We act as the primary support resource for men diagnosed with the disease, and for their families.
We are the only national foundation dedicated to the elimination of this disease through research, education, support and awareness.
Our logo is a symbol of hope – that we know we will achieve the goal of eliminating prostate cancer, and a symbol of unity – that we can only achieve this when working together.
All positions are based in Toronto Head Office unless otherwise specified.
: Donor Database Administrator
Non-management, Permanent Full-time
Reporting to the VP, Philanthropy and working closely with the Philanthropy staff, Finance staff and donors, the Donor Database Administrator is responsible for executing all aspects of the fundraising database in accordance with related policies and protocols. This includes the full cycle of the gift-entry process, importing data, generating and building custom reports. The Donor Database Administrator is also the lead for identifying opportunities through collaborative efforts and input from colleagues to develop and implement processes to optimize usage of the database. The Donor Database Administrator acts as an expert resource in providing data support as a fundamental aspect of PCC’s fundraising goals and objectives.
- Maintain quality control of Raiser’s Edge via regular audits, updates and monitoring user feedback in order to maintain the integrity and quality of the database
- Import and integrate data from multiple data systems in to Raiser’s Edge using Import-O-Matic and administer the clean-up process following the data import
- Monitor and upgrade updates and enhancements, as appropriate, to both Raiser’s Edge and Financial Edge to ensure maximum security and functionality
- Develop and deliver applicable training programs for existing and new staff to provide user-level skills for database structure, coding and protocols
- Design and implement policies and procedures to enhance user convenience and ensure appropriate coding structure are in place for Raiser’s Edge
- Oversee user gift batch entry to ensure accuracy and compliance with database including regional offices
- Lead “centre of excellence” for Raiser’s Edge user group to educate, to seek input and to develop and implement enhanced processes when required
- Develop new queries and/ analytical custom report in response to user and other staff requests, ensuring clear development of the desired output
- Perform ad hoc report analysis using Raiser’s Edge Report, Crystal Report and Excel as requested or required
Data Reconciliation/Accounting Support
- Set up grant proposals and update necessary media files and action
- Provide related assistance as required for special projects
SPECIFIC SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Work collaboratively with the members of the accounting team to resolve discrepancies and balance transactions to the General Ledger accounts
- Prepare and build necessary reports to support the month end reconciliation process using Crystal Report and Excel
- Identify defects and implement improved technical solutions to enhance the data reconciliation process
- Develop T3010 Report and ensure that all gifts in system are in adherence to the CRA Guidelines
- Set up Value of Advantage and Benefits in the database to ensure accurate receipt amount is issued to the donor
- Diploma/degree in Business Administration/Data Management or the equivalent combination of education and related work experience
- 3+ years of experience with the Raiser’s Edge database environment
- 2+ years of experience in Import-O-Matic Plugin and Crystal Reports
- Fluency in Microsoft Office Excel, Word, Outlook and Windows platform
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and dependability including highly accurate data input skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately
Style and competencies:
- Experience in Cornerstone and Artez Database is considered an asset
- Strong knowledge of database best practices and procedures
- Experience in CRA charitable reporting requirements, tax receipting guidelines, and financial reporting
- Familiarity with Financial Edge considered an asset
- Curious and intellectually motivated to learn and refine system possibilities to meet business needs and opportunities
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to communicate, verbally and in writing, to all levels of user groups clearly and concisely regarding technical and non-technical issues
- Highly organized and able to meet deadlines through thoughtful prioritization and consultation with others in a busy environment
- Highly autonomous while being a responsible and responsive team member
Interested applicants are invited to apply at HR3@prostatecancer.ca
by January 20th
, 2015 stating salary requirements.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for next steps will be contacted.
NO AGENCIES, please.