Our vision at Prostate Cancer Canada (PCC) is to become the global leader in the fight against prostate cancer, earning the enthusiasm and support of Canadians through integrity, compassion, and innovation.
Prostate Cancer Canada raises funds for the development of programs related to awareness, public education, advocacy, support of those affected, and research into the prevention, detection, treatment and cure of prostate cancer.
DID YOU KNOW?
We act as the primary support resource for men diagnosed with the disease, and for their families.
We are the only national foundation dedicated to the elimination of this disease through research, education, support and awareness.
Our logo is a symbol of hope – that we know we will achieve the goal of eliminating prostate cancer, and a symbol of unity – that we can only achieve this when working together.
All positions are based in Toronto Head Office unless otherwise specified.
: President & CEO
Permanent, Full-time, Downtown Toronto
The Vice-President, Philanthropy is accountable for leading fundraising/philanthropy for Prostate Cancer Canada (PCC) including the development and deployment of national programs to deliver established revenue targets.
The ideal candidate is an experienced fundraising executive who can drive a multifaceted philanthropy strategy with an entrepreneurial spirit. This individual is able to expand existing philanthropic programs where potential exists and identify and implement new opportunities in fundraising and stewardship in areas such as major gifts, special events, corporate and foundation development, planned giving and direct mail portfolios. A relationship expert with a strategic mindset, the VP, Philanthropy is able to identify and successfully convert opportunities while successfully progressing PCC’s strategy and vision, ensuring sustainable funding and growth and establishing objective criteria and metrics for assessing programs and strategies. The successful candidate is equally relationships and results-oriented with the ability to inspire and lead a team to high levels of effectiveness and productivity.
Systems and Processes:
- Manage a philanthropic/fundraising portfolio of programs and offerings to appeal to multiple audiences (including corporate donors, foundations, special event participants, direct mail and annual giving donors, individual major gift donors, lotteries/raffles, bequests and third party fund-raisers)
- Lead the philanthropy team to develop programs for deployment across Canada
- Build a robust database of donor prospects with a focus on expanding and diversifying the base of existing corporate and individual donors
- Create and present customized cultivation strategies for corporate and leadership giving and effectively manage donor prospect identification and cultivation tracking tools
- Oversee and enhance donor stewardship strategies
Financial and Contract Management:
- Ensure best practice end-to-end philanthropic processes and systems are maintained such as:
- Case for support
- Prospecting and prospect research
- Branded and targeted proposals
- Stewardship systems and communications
- Administrative and record management (Raiser’s Edge) and data analysis
Senior Management and Governance:
- Establish annual fundraising and program goals in concert with strategic plan, Executive and Board
- Track financial and program performance through regular monthly reporting including revenue/expense and budget controls
- Manage with finance, donor and sponsorship contracts
- Support other compliance requirements (e.g., lotteries and raffles)
- Contribute, as member of Executive, to Senior Management Team
- Attend Board meetings to act a resource, as required, while ensuring ownership of any action items or outcomes
- Work closely with the Marketing and Mission teams on communication activities which support relationships between PCC and its external constituents
- Champion philanthropy in all aspects of PCC culture internally and externally with staff, volunteers and donors
- Philanthropy team
- Senior Management Team
- Executive Director and team, Atlantic
- Vice President, Western Canada
- Volunteer Engagement Manager
- Board and committee members
- Finance team
- Minimum 10 years of fundraising experience with demonstrated success in corporate or major gift campaigns
- Minimum 5 years of management/executive experience in leading a fund-raising team
- University degree or equivalent combination of work experience and education
- Ideally holds a CFRE designation
- Demonstrated knowledge of current trends in the field of philanthropy
- Proven leadership experience working in a high performance, team environment, including experience managing fundraising professionals and supporting high-profile volunteers
- Strong analytical, organizational, and project management skills
- Ability to perform well under pressure and manage competing priorities
- Superlative interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively serve a broad variety of demanding internal and external clients
- Excellent general computer proficiency – knowledge of systems including Internet and Microsoft Office(Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge preferred
- Bilingualism an asset
Please apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Including salary expectations
- quoting VP, Philanthropy in the subject line via email
- by December 15, 2014
We would like to thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected for next steps in our recruiting process will be contacted directly.
For information about Prostate Cancer Canada, please visit our website at www.prostatecancer.ca
NO AGENCIES, PLEASE.