Movember Discovery Grants
Access to the Online Application: https://pccgrants.smartsimple.ca
Wednesday February 17, 2016 at 5 pm Eastern
Full Application Deadline:
Friday, April 1, 2016 at 5 pm Eastern
Funding Start Date:
July 1, 2016
The Movember Discovery Grants program builds on the success of the previous programs and continues the main goal of supporting researchers in that key stage of obtaining early results. The Discovery Grant program supports junior investigators and allows more established investigators to pursue new important directions. It is open to applications from all areas of prostate cancer research.
Prostate Cancer Canada (PCC) is offering a limited number of Discovery Grants. The goal is to support researchers to generate preliminary data in prostate cancer research that would provide the basis for a more substantial research grant from another agency. The Discovery Grant program will:
- be a valuable mechanism to facilitate project support for junior investigators
- allow more established investigators to pursue new important directions
- allow applications from all areas of prostate cancer research
- provide a budget of up to $200,000 per project that can be spent in up to two years of funding, thereby allowing some flexibility
- not support renewal application nor be renewable
- fund applications that will have been evaluated by a rigorous peer-review process that will assess:
- track record of investigator team
- feasibility of the proposed work
- potential impact on prostate cancer
These awards are open to New Investigators and Established Investigators; these groups will be reviewed separately. A New Investigator has held academic or research appointment(s) for no more than five years at the commencement date of the award (July 1, 2016). An Established Investigator has held academic or research appointment(s) for a period of five years or more at the commencement date of the award (July 1, 2016).
The proposed research project must be in the area of prostate cancer and may address any of the broad areas of prostate cancer research, including but not limited to:
- population health
- health services/economics
The amount available for this program is subject to funds raised. The number of awards to be distributed is contingent upon availability of resources and the quality of applications received.
Documentation for Applications is available within the online application as well as here.
Discovery Grants that are based at institutions in New Brunswick and have met both scientific meritorious and financial cut-off requirements will be co-funded by PCC and the New Brunswick Health Research Foundation.
Online application: https://pccgrants.smartsimple.ca
Movember Discovery Grant Information
Discovery Grant Tipsheet