Health Education Review Committee (HERC)
HERC is a new committee that will work on both a national and regional level with the Support Services Department to:
Who is on HERC?
The current membership reflects a wide array of experience and knowledge and includes the following:
Roberta Casabon, Peer-to-peer and Caregiver Support Volunteer, Toronto
Joe Chin (co-chair), London Health Sciences Centre, London
Nicole Culos-Reed, University of Calgary, Calgary
Joyce Davison, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon
Bryan Donnelly, University of Calgary, Calgary
Brian Gamble, University of Western Ontario, London
Winston Isaac, Walnut Foundation, Toronto
Leah Jamnicky, Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto
Marilyn Junnila, Prostate Cancer Canada Network Advisory Council (PCCNAC) and PCCN Thunder Bay, Thunder Bay
Louis Lacombe, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Québec - L'Hotel-Dieu de Québec, Quebec City
George Main, PCCN Surrey, Surrey
Andrew Matthew, Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto
Scott North, University of Alberta, Edmonton
John Oliffe, University of British Columbia, Vancouver
Tom Pickles, BC Cancer Agency, Vancouver
Maureen Rowlands (co-chair), Prostate Cancer Canada, Toronto
Sandra Vamos, Simon Fraser University, Burnaby
Colleen Young, Canadian Virtual Hospice, Toronto
- Review new and existing health education material published by PCC.
- Advise on and contribute to the continuous development of education resources (e.g., paper based, electronic/interactive tools and mobile applications).
- Review funding proposals received by PCC.
- Make recommendations to address gaps in health education materials related to prostate cancer.
- Assist in the distribution and promotion of health education materials.
- Assist in developing monitoring and evaluation tools to assess the outcome of health education materials.
- Act as PCC ambassadors to the public, medical, scientific and academic communities.
For more information and support: